LIVE – IN or LIVE - OUT NANNY / HOUSEKEEPER ROLE - if live out the candidate must be local and within a 20 minute drive
Experienced Nanny Housekeeper needed for a happy, busy family with 4 children – B aged 11, G aged 8 and non-identical twin boys aged 5
They are looking for a trustworthy, pro-active, responsible, warm, energetic and fun nanny / house keeper to join the family. They live in Winkfield, Berkshire – close to Ascot in a lovely family home, with garden, tennis court and swimming pool and lots of space for the children to run around in.
The parents both work full time so the candidate needs to be well-organised and tidy, straightforward and a good communicator who is pro-active, with lots of initiative and a muck-in/can-do attitude. This is a role which will be a perfect fit for someone who likes to be busy and who loves being part of a happy family and wants to make a real difference to family life.
Nanny element of the role
There is a great community of welcoming, friendly people (parents and nannies alike) at school and lots on offer locally for you to tap into.
During term time, there will be plenty of time to do nursery duties / household management as well as have a decent break:
- Keeping the children’s bedrooms and play areas clean, tidy and well organised;
- Planning playdates;
- Liaising with school and keeping on top of school correspondence (e.g. dress up Friday for Children in Need etc.)
- Designing activities, particularly for the twins to help with their Early Years development – reading, numeracy, phonics and writing.
The parents are hands on and believe strongly in supporting their nanny and ensuring consistency of approach re: manners, discipline etc. It is very much a team effort.
Housekeeper element of the role
An important part of the role is that of house manager. Duties include the following:
- Cooking meals (mostly for the children);
- Managing provisions / shopping lists;
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers as necessary;
- Arranging deliveries / collections and running errands;
- Keeping the house in order, tidy and organised;
- Doing the washing and ironing (note we don’t iron everything!!);
- Changing the bedlinen;
- Walking the dog [NB we haven’t got one yet but hope to get one next year].
The family recognise that during the school holidays, the nanny element of the role will absolute take precedence but, during term time, there should be plenty of time to undertake nursery and house management duties as well as have a decent break.
Start: - 6.45 am start (we have to leave at 6.50am to catch the train) – three/four mornings a week
- 8am start (on the day I work from home)
Standard 2 night’s babysitting (Monday to Thursday generally). There will be occasional proxy parenting and Friday evening babysits, which will be paid as overtime.
During term time, you will have dropped the children at school by 8.45am.
You will therefore have plenty of time to do the housekeeping element of the role. We are happy for you to have one day where you take 6 hours off while the children are at school, subject to fulfilling your duties.
During the holidays, it will be a longer day when you will be responsible for all 4 children. We take our family holidays during the school holidays and accordingly, in reality, the longer day is really only relevant for 8 weeks of the year.
They are open to this being a live-in/live-out position. Whilst there is a separate coach house, it needs a lot of work and accordingly, at least for the first 18 months – 2 years, the accommodation will be a large double bedroom, with own bathroom at one end of the main house.
- Experience of at least 4 years looking after children and housekeeping;
- Early Years’ experience – helping young children with the transition to school, phonics etc.
- Clean driving licence (to drive an automatic car);
- Fluent English;
- First aid and CRB checked, plus checkable references;
- Fun, organised, pro-active and responsible who loves children and wants to be part of our family;
- Good communicator;
- Flexible – we both have pretty full on jobs and there may be times when we get stuck in the office and/or the trains play up (hopefully not many!);
- Checkable references
- A desire to find the right family to be with for a couple of years. This is not a short-term position!
Salary offered £450.00 net per week subject to experience.
Applications for Experienced full time live in Housekeeper nanny needed from January - must drive
|Start date||5th January, 2020|