Our Day Care are looking for an exceptional Senior Early Years Practitioner to join the team at our lovely nursery, located within the beautiful Whiteley Village in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. We provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting; we are looking for people who like to work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
We provide excellent training opportunities and a career path in a job that makes a difference in children's lives.
We pride ourselves on our friendly team, our creative approach and our ability to laugh, have fun, learn and work in an environment that is supportive and encouraging.
A senior practitioner is a qualified childcare professional with responsibility for the day to-day learning and development of their key children. They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and imparting their knowledge and skills to others. They are creative and reflective individuals able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing high standards in teaching and play experiences
- Report to the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager
- Ensure there is a fun, happy and stimulating environment
- Promote positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Maintaining accurate and effective records
Qualifications and Skills of a Senior Practitioner
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in childcare alongside two year's relevant and recent work experience
- Up to date working knowledge of EYFS statutory framework
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and commitment combined with a real passion to provide outstanding childcare
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS) and full pre-employment checks
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£10.50 per hour
Applications for Nursery Staff - Room leaders required in Walton on Thames
|Walton on Thames
|22nd February, 2022