Your privacy is important to us
Who we are
Hummingbird Home Staff are a recruitment agency specialising in the placement of nannies and housekeepers in both long and short terms roles.
The personal information we collect and how do we use it
Information we collect
In the course of providing our nanny or housekeeper services we collect the following kind of personal information when you provide it to us verbally or in writing (including website forms, text messages, letters and emails.):
- The personal information we collect from you will be needed for the first point of contact as a candidate might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, your National Insurance number, proof of address, identification i.e. copy passport and utility bill and driving licence. During the registration process we will also need to take contact details for referees and other details of previous employers.in order to validate your work history.
- As a client engaging our services we will need a full name and home address, email address and home and mobile telephone numbers. During our consultations with you we will also need to request information specific to your family such as family members , schools, dietary requirements and other information which may be relevant to the engagement of any home help. When you vacancy is advertised we will take the general information collected during our consultation and form an advert using what was discussed. We do not disclose any personal family details or the exact location of the family home.
Collected from our website
Security The Hummingbird Home Staff website uses a secure connection from your browser to our server (indicated by the green padlock icon in your browser address bar) so you can be assured communication between your browser and our website is encrypted and secure.
A cookie is a small file on your hard disc used to store information for the website. Our website uses two forms of cookies:-
Session cookies - these allow the website to link your actions during a browser session.
- These session cookies expire after a browser session so are not be stored long term.
- A session cookie is used to remember where to go back to after you have filled in certain forms on the website.
- Session cookies are used to remember settings you have selected during each browsing session.
Persistent cookies - these are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
Who we share your personal information with
As a candidate we will only share your information with a family who have a vacancy you have chosen to apply for and we will be in touch to inform you when this occurs as well as follow up with next steps. As a candidate you will be kept updated and fully aware of where you are up to in the process while the vacancy remains open. Further details of what the client may request to see before interview will be discussed with you during the registration process. This could be things like your CRB/DBS, references or driving licence.
As a client as part of the interview and candidate selection process it will be necessary to share your home address and mobile phone number with candidates you have specifically requested to meet at a designated time and date. This information will only be shared once the interview time , date and place has been agreed and confirmed.
If you do not provide your personal information
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we will not be able to represent you as a client or present you as a candidate.
How long your personal information will be kept
Your personal information will be retained, usually in computer or manual files, only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, or as required by law; normally for a minimum of 4 years from the conclusion or closure of your work.
Keeping your personal information secure
Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know use. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Transferring Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Should this be necessary, the same high level of security precautions will be employed to keep your personal information safe.
You have the following rights:
Access to your information - You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information - We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information - You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent. See "Withdrawing consent to using your information" below.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information. See "Objecting to how we may use your information" below.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information - You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information as a client or candidate once the role has been filled or our services are no longer required
Restricting how we may use your information - In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don't want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Withdrawing consent using your information - Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given i.e. receipt of newsletters or marketing material.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the "contact us" section on the website if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
This privacy notice was published on 24th May 2018.