We are looking for a kind, organised, efficient and happy Part Time Child Friendly Housekeeper for our lovely client at their beautiful 5 bedroom family home in Esher. The role will surmount to 25- 30 hours per week and can be spread over 4 to 5 days, the hours are flexible. This is a varied and fun placement where our client is looking for someone who will interact with the family and their three older children, aged 17, 15 and 12 years who are delightfully helpful, polite and well behaved. The family also has a sweet, non-shedding hypoallergenic 8kg dog who loves attention!
Tasks for this role would include:
- Taking care of the laundry including washing, sorting, folding and ironing
- Tidying the downstairs reception rooms and kitchen, bathrooms, the children will tidy their own rooms but these would need dusting, cleaning, cobwebs removing and hoovering
- Sweeping and hoovering all floors, and once a week cleaning the downstairs wooden flooring with polish
- Dusting and cleaning all reception rooms and kitchens
- Once a week dusting and hoovering the guest bedroom
- Changing all beds (except the guest room unless it has been used) on a weekly basis
- The children normally do the dishwasher as part of their chores, but if this hasn't been done, please unload and reload dishwasher
- Occasional running of errands - post office, dry cleaning, grocery shopping
- Unpacking of online grocery shop
- Batch cooking
- During the holidays, the hours during this time are much more flexible, especially if the family travels, but this period should be used to deep clean the home, take all bedding to the dry cleaners, batch cook and ready the house for their return etc...
- Help with reorganising different areas of the house - bookshelves, library, closets etc... putting systems in place to ensure that the rooms look tidy and work efficiently
- Wardrobe management - help the children keep on top of their wardrobes (what fits and what needs donating etc...)
- There could also be other occasional tasks such as helping unpack and sort suitcases after travelling over the Summer etc...
We are looking for a candidate who has an up to date DBS, first aid training, excellent references and good experience. The ideal applicant should be able to use their initiative well, be able to work efficiently on their own or alongside family members, have a 'can-do' attitude; they should be caring, reliable, honest, trustworthy and bubbly.
For further Information please call Kerry at Hummingbird on 07966495438
Reference ID: HBKB72
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £15.00-£16.00 per hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Applications for Housekeeper/Organiser for lovely home in Esher
|Start date||18th October, 2021|