At Hummingbird Nannies, we believe that our fees should be simple, clear and transparent so that you can be sure of what you will be charged. We have designed them so that they will fairly reflect the hours worked by, and the experience of, the nanny that you employ. You would rightly expect to be charged less for a nanny that does not have the same experience as someone with many years spent in childcare. This is usually reflected in the net hourly rate of pay you agree with your nanny.
Permanent placement fee
- 10% of the annual net pay of the nanny which will be calculated by multiplying the weekly net pay by 52 weeks. The fee charged will be subject to a minimum of £450.
For example, for a nanny who earns £300 net per week, the fee would be £1560.00 and is calculated as £300 x 52 weeks x 10%
A live in nanny or nanny/housekeeper will be calculated at 12%
- Inner and Greater London fees are 12% of the net pay for daily nannies. Live in nannies / housekeepers are 15%.
- Minimum fee £550.00
A temporary position is any position of six months’ duration or less. Our fees will be based on a flat rate applied for each day that the nanny works for you.
- First day £50 / London £65
- Per day thereafter £15 / London £25
If you have a specific need for a longer term temporary nanny, we would be happy to discuss options for an appropriate basis of employment and more cost effective fee structure. Placements lasting longer than 10 weeks will attract a full placement fee as above.
Information available on request.
We are pleased to say that none of our fees attract VAT.
For full details of the basis of our fees, please refer to Section 5 in the Hummingbird Nannies Terms and Conditions of Business.
Hummingbird Nannies realises that sometimes circumstances change and things may not work out. If within eight weeks you and your nanny part company, we will find a suitable replacement without further charge.
However to qualify for a Replacement, you need to make sure that the following conditions have been met.
- You have paid the appropriate placement fee in full within our 7 day terms.
- You tell Hummingbird Nannies of any termination within 2 days.
- You have not changed significantly any of the original requirements for the nanny.
- The nanny did not resign due to unreasonable demands placed upon them or because you changed significantly their duties.
- You still intend to employ a nanny.
For full details of the basis of our Replacement service please refer to Section 7 in the Hummingbird Nannies Terms and Conditions of Business.