At Hummingbird Home Staff, we believe that our fees should be simple, clear and transparent so that you can be sure of what you will be charged. We have designed them so that they will fairly reflect the hours worked by, and the experience of, the housekeeper that you employ. You would rightly expect to be charged less for a housekeeper that does not have the same experience as someone with many years spent in household management. This is usually reflected in the net hourly rate of pay you agree with your Housekeeper.
Permanent placement fee
- 10% of the gross annual wage of the housekeeper which will be calculated by multiplying the weekly gross wage by 52 weeks. The fee charged will be subject to a minimum of £450.00
For example, for a housekeeper who earns £300.00 gross per week, the fee would be £1560.00 and is calculated as £300 x 52 weeks x 10%.
A live-in housekeeper will be calculated at 12%
- Inner and Greater London fees are 12% of the gross annual wage. Live in housekeepers are 15%.
- Minimum fee £550.00
A temporary position is any position of six months’ duration or less.
Our fees will be based on a flat rate applied for each day that the housekeeper works for you.
- First day £65.00 / London £80.00
- Per day thereafter £15 / London £25
If you have a specific need for a longer term temporary housekeeper, we would be happy to discuss options for an appropriate basis of employment and more cost-effective fee structure
Information is available on request. We are pleased to say that none of our fees attract VAT.
Hummingbird Home Staff realises that sometimes circumstances change and things may not work out. If within eight weeks you and your housekeeper part company, we will find a suitable replacement without further charge.
However, to qualify for a Replacement, you need to make sure that the following conditions have been met.
- You have paid the appropriate placement fee in full within our 7-day terms.
- You tell Hummingbird Home Staff of any termination within 2 days.
- You have not changed significantly any of the original requirements for the housekeeper.
- The Housekeeper did not resign due to unreasonable demands placed upon them or because you changed significantly their duties.
- You still intend to employ a Housekeeper.
For full details of the basis of our Replacement Policy, please refer to Section 7 in the Hummingbird Home Staff Terms and Conditions of Business.